Welcome to the Newton County Treasurer's Office
Pay your 2013 taxes online!
(Use Pay Location Code #7819. A GovPayNet Service Fee will apply.)
The Treasurer's Office is a constitutional office that requires an election every four years. The position is limited to two terms in 12 years. The functions of the Treasurer's Office include the following:
- Collection of taxes for all units of government within Newton County.
- The office is required by statute to collect delinquent taxes through the tax sale process.
- The office is required to enter all judgments for personal property in the appropriate records maintained in the office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- The office collects inheritance tax and is responsible for the remittance to the State of Indiana.
- The office is responsible for honoring requests from mortgage companies for tax obligations for escrow payments.
- The office is responsible for advising taxing units when government employees fail to pay their property taxes.
- The Treasurer serves as Secretary of the County Board of Finance.
- The Treasurer is responsible for making all investments for the county.
The offices of the Assessor, Auditor and Treasurer must work closely together . Taxpayers are encouraged to use information provided by all offices on the county government website.
If you do not find the answers you are seeking or if you feel there is a problem with your tax bill, please feel free to call (219) 474-6081 or stop in the Treasurer's Office located on the second floor of the Courthouse. We will do our best to assist you.
I am honored to hold this office and serve the people of Newton County in the capacity of Newton County Treasurer.
Diane Veld, Treasurer