Newton County Recycling
For tips, news, activities and additional information go to www.afewshadesgreener.com.
Newton County offers one-stream recycling. Residents do not need to sort their recyclable materials but instead can drop off their clean compact recycling at one of seven different locations.
The drop off locations are open 24-hours. Items that are accepted include:
- corrugated/smooth cardboard
- clear, green, and brown glass
- paper, magazines, newspapers
- steel and aluminum cans
- plastics #1-5 and #7 (we do NOT accept #6 plastics or Styrofoam)
Drop off locations
- Brook: Behind the Brook water tower
- Goodland: Between the bank and the post office
- Kentland: 109 W Dunlap St.
- Lake Village: West of the Lake Twp. Fire Station
- Morocco: North of the Newton County Highway Garage
- Roselawn: E. Kellar St. east of Ceres Solutions
Electronics, appliances, tires, oil, oil filters and antifreeze should be taken to the Newton County Highway Department located at 3653 West 275 South, Morocco, IN during their business hours.
Nov 1 – Mar 31
Monday-Friday 6 AM – 2 PM
Apr 1 – Oct 31
Monday-Thursday 6 AM – 4 PM
Phone: 219 285-2595
Clothing can now be be recycled at USAgain bins at several different locations
Brook: East of the Marathon General Store
Kentland: Murphy’s Food King on Dunlap Street
Lake Village: East of the recycling containers
Morocco: JB Laundry Service, 212 S Polk St
Roselawn: Boezemans Marathon, 4541 State Rd 10
Household Hazardous Waste
Each year, Newton County hosts a household hazardous waste day. Residents can drop off their household hazardous wastes at the Newton County Highway Garage on Sept 7, 2013. More information will be provided closer to that date.